Act Like It

Thursday 12 May 2016


Title: Act Like It
Author: Lucy Parker
Published: 30th November 2015
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:


This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre's Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Richard Troy used to be the hottest actor in London, but the only thing firing up lately is his temper. We all love to love a bad boy, but Richard's antics have made him Enemy Number One, breaking the hearts of fans across the city.

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made him into a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?



There is no way to say how much I LOVED this book, it's very rare I read a Chick Lit which I instantly fall in love. This is a reminder why I love them so much!

This book was full of surprises with the characters and plot, but most of all what I did not expect was Richard! Damn! He is hot! Not just in terms with personality but attitude, behaviour and oh his words! He made me fall in love with theatre for the very first time, I always thought theatre was boring but oh sweet worlds! His lines in this book, any girl would fall at his feet.

This book was not so much about character development as it was about two opposites in the same career falling in love, and it wasn't love at first. This was the typical spending time and falling in love. It was so much more than falling in love, with all the humour and drama that is involved, Lainie and Richard are my favourite; Will is my least favourite. What I hate most about him was his pride and how because of it he acted arrogant, he acts like the world is revolved around him but I guess he needs a wake up call. The bicker between Will and Richard is insanely awesome and I loved every minute of it. Honestly, the romance, humour mixed in with the drama and suspense made the perfect combination for a chick lit.

This was the first time for me reading a book in this style, it was a exhilarating experience. I loved the drama and literature reference, it made the book so much more enjoyable to read in my opinion (it acted as a romance dialogue between the two actors) *sighs* I wish I could meet someone like that.

You know the problem now? Now I want a book like that, that will make me feel all giddy, happy and laugh at the same time. It is a truly a remarkable book and I definitely recommend it to all the Chick Lit readers out there.

What are you thoughts on this book? Let me know in the comments below!

Happy reading!







Like what you read? Don't forget to share this! ^^

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.