ARC Review: Summer of Supernovas - What a cosmic collision

Monday 19 September 2016



Title: Summer of Supernovas
Author: Darcy Woods
Published: 10th May 2016
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

Fans of Jennifer E. Smith and Jenny Han will fall in love with this heartfelt and humor-laced debut following one girl’s race to find the guy of her cosmic dreams.
 
When zodiac-obsessed teen Wilamena Carlisle discovers a planetary alignment that won’t repeat for a decade, she’s forced to tackle her greatest astrological fear: The Fifth House—relationships and love. 
 
But when Wil falls for a sensitive guitar player hailing from the wrong side of the astrology chart, she must decide whether a cosmically doomed love is worth rejecting her dead mother’s legacy and the very system she’s faithfully followed through a lifetime of unfailing belief.



I received this book in an exchange for an honest review thanks to Netgalley

OHMYWORD!!! This book is beyond adorable and cute! I have never had any interest in Astrology before but oh my word does this book make me want to take every book out from the library out and learn everything about stars, constellations and the galaxy!

I love contemporary books and this book made me realise why I love them so much. This plot was so good and funny, I honestly can't remember the last time I had a good belly laugh whilst reading a book. Wil is obsessed with Astrology, she is constantly seen staring up at the sky searching for answers. She has a very close connection with the stars, and that is thanks to her Mum whom she lost at a very young age. The real fun begins when Wil has only 22 days to find love, a very specific match too, someone who matches with her astrological chart. From the very first chapter, you will be hooked by Wilamena's character. She really is unpredictable in the most comical way, I loved her character in this book. Trouble comes knocking on her door when she starts dating Seth, lies are told, trust is broken, Wil is faced with a dilemma; should she follow her heart or the chart? 

Wil is a very humorous, comical character! I loved her character, I really cannot stress that enough, what I loved most about her character was how she is happy with herself and does not change to get accepted by anyone but herself. That kind of confidence makes any girl beautiful, she accepts the way she is. We see a real change or more like the error of her ways when she starts on this journey, Darcy doesn't change her as a person but more of a realisation of how she cannot let the stars choose her fate, their is a change of power when Wil decides to make those choices herself.

I loved, loved Grant. It really surprised me to know him and Seth are brothers. What's even more surprising to know is that Grant is practically rich, however his lifestyle choices say otherwise. I loved that about him, he has this quite confidence in himself. He is modest, humble and kind. I like how compared to Seth, he is very reliable and mature about things. Whereas, the same can't be said for Seth, in some situations I really feel like he can grow up a little.

Seth likes to be ostentatious, whereas Grant is the complete opposite. He doesn't like to throw money like that or make grand gestures. Not there is anything wrong with that, but I feel like Seth's gestures are done for the wrong intentions, less is always more. 

The theme for this book is very powerful, I strongly believe people should always take hold of their own destiny and control what they can and focus on that. I certainly need to follow my own advise as there have been certain times when I could have but I didn't. It is very important to do the best you can and then let things flow. This is something that Wil could have done and avoided a lot of drama.

Darcy's writing style is fantastic, I fell in love with it from the very first page. I really don't how she came out with those dialogues, however she did, I LOVE IT!!! It's very similar to Sophie Kinsella but its not at the same time, I love any author who can make me LOL, like literally since it doesn't happen very often.

If you like contemporary novels and stars, this book is definitely for you!


 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.