Supervision

Saturday 30 April 2016


Title: Supervison
Author: Alison Stine
Published: 9th April 2015
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes  
Synopsis:


Something is wrong with Esmé.

Kicked out of school in New York, she's sent to live with her grandmother in a small Appalachian town. But something is wrong with the grandmother Ez hasn't seen for years; she leaves at midnight, carrying a big black bag. Something is wrong with her grandmother's house, a decrepit mansion full of stray cats, stairs that lead to nowhere, beds that unmake themselves. Something is wrong in the town where a kid disappears every year, where a whistle sounds at night but no train arrives.

And something is wrong with the friendly neighbor Ez's age with black curls and blue eyes: He's dead.
 




I received this book free in an exchange for an honest review

When I first started reading this book, I thought this was another simple paranormal romance book. Nope, I was wrong. Initially this book started quite strange, like Esme is acting very silly and gets herself in to trouble by doing silly things. But then everything changes when her sister sends her off to live with her Grandma, all of a sudden she is invisible and can talk to dead ghosts? And even odd thing is she can talk to her sister via her phone but no one else can see her? Like WHAT? But eventually I got in to the story and I am glad I stuck with it. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but with the added mystery of the station master along with Clara, the builder, Tom, Mr Black and Martha this was a wonderful read.

I will admit I found Ez to be very strange in her abilities. How is that possible? But then you realise that each gift was passed down to the women in her family and she has been blessed with all of the gifts, whether you think its a curse or gift she is the one chance all of these ghosts have to crossing the plane or going to the other world. The main character possessed qualities just like every other main character in any book; determination, stubborn, and strength. I did like her connection with her sister, the firecracker (love the nickname).

I am glad this was a short book with few chapters, the story was not prolonged. I don't think I would have enjoyed the story otherwise. And yes, I did find her love with a ghost quite odd but that is what I loved most about the book. This had so many directions it could go in, I am a bit sad it ended this way.
 


What are your thought on reading this type of genre? Let me know in the comments below!

Happy reading!


Like what you read? Don't forget to share this! ^^

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.