Air Awakens #4

Tuesday 26 April 2016


Title: Water's Wrath
Author: Elise Kova
Published: 26th April 2016
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Yes  
Synopsis:

Librarian turned sorcerer. 
Sorcerer turned hero. 
Hero turned puppet.

The Solaris Empire found victory in the North and, at the cost of her heart and her innocence, Vhalla Yarl has earned her freedom. 


But the true fight is only beginning as the secret forces that have been lurking in the shadows, tugging at the strings of Vhalla's fate, finally come to light. 

Nowhere is safe, and Vhalla must tread carefully or else she'll fall into the waiting arms of her greatest foe. 

Or former lover.

First of all can I say a HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY to Elise, I am so proud of this book! Although, you will break many hearts this was one of the best written books I have read in a long time. If I was a presenting an award for the best book I would definitely give it to this book! :D

Okay now to the reviewing.



I was one of the lucky few to receive the physical ARC of Water's Wrath and Elise has my eternal gratitude for this! Thank you so much!

I am still reeling from the emotions of this book, I honestly have no words, I feel like a fish out of the water opening and closing my mouth. All I want to do is is cry, like WHY did this happen!!!! 



If the photo is any indication, I am crying, brawling like a baby! Even as I sit here now, hours later after finishing this book and taking forever writing this review. I just cannot come to terms with my emotions and transferring them to paper, I suddenly feel like I am in Solaris

But this book was amazing down to the last perfection. The HARDEST PART OF reading the book was witnessing the scene between Vhalla and Aldrik, the pain and loss of the love your life is not something you can live to tell the tale or describe. I felt like I was betrayed by Aldrik after him promising to be mine!!!

Vhalla escaped and ran away from everyone with the Archel in hand, 2 months later she is shown where she has been and what she has been occupied with. I like that after all the hardship Elise made Vhalla take some time out for herself to recuperate and reflect. Although, it must have been very hard for the characters I think Vhalla being away from everyone did her aswell as Aldrik and the others some good!

If I thought Earth's End was hard, this one totally blew my mind away to the point I was constantly asking myself why am I made to feel this way! And oh god, why did he have to die? I fee like the pain is still fresh from Larel and now him too? :'(



In this book, a lot of things come to light how the war started, why is Aldrik the way he is and many more. Although, I feel a certain hatred and vengeance towards a certain someone who I want to assassinate at the moment. Fritz was a joy to read like he always is, lighting up the moments and producing humour to the scenes, he never fails to make you laugh! Some of the scenes will have you cracking up :D. 

Both Vhalla and Aldrik change in some ways in this book but still remain the same, they change for the better with their love never diminishing. Aldrik seems to be in a better and a lot happier place, he even manages to crack a smile surprising from the fire lore isn't it? I absolutely loved, LOVED  the scenes between Baldair and Aldrik and I am still gushing from the excitement. I am not very happy about what happens but I was dying to see the love between the brothers and admit they cared! It was such a beautiful scene :')


This series will seriously kill me with all the tension I feel radiating from the book and now I am VERY NERVOUS FOR THE FINAL BOOK! I am not sure what to feel. Didn't Vhalla go through enough? Why was she stripped away like that? It was even worse than the trial!!!!! No, no, no, no NO!!!! I refuse to believe it will end the way it did in EE. I have to believe. I am going insane right now!!!!



Please excuse me whilst I go and cry some more!


You guys really need to go and give this series a try! You won't be disappointed!



Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.