Westbrook #2

Tuesday 8 December 2015

26261193 
Title: Numb
Author: Laura Clark
Published: 4th September 2015
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

Laila has read that letter a thousand times, and yet she still doesn't believe it. He left too many things unresolved. She desperately wants to find answers, but it's impossible since the one person that can give her those answers is MIA.

Each day melts into the next. Laila tries to keep herself busy, but it's not enough. No matter how hard she tries to forget, there is always something that reminds her of him.

At her very best, Laila is numb.

What happens when Laila is suddenly confronted with her past, and she is forced to make a choice between the boy who owns her heart, and the one that wants to steal it away? 


I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

This book was so heartbreaking, I really felt all of Laila's emotion, I was sad when she was sad, numb when she was and felt like my heart was broken in to a million pieces with her!!!

I cannot belive what she went through all because of Kyle and Sam, why did you Sam? I fell in love with you in the first book and vouched for you? How could you do that to her? Did your heart not crack when she cried?



If you thought Laila was conflicted in the first book, then your in for a surprise in this book! She is very conflicted in this book but all within good reason! How could you not feel something for Sam and Trevor? With those piercing green eyes and sparking blue eyes? Exactly! You would be weak in the knees, that is exactly how she and we as the reader can't help but feel!

Avery and Trevor are really supportive and help Laila through this heart break, I really enjoyed watching Laila become stronger and work through this. She even takes a job and starts dating Gavin to try and move on and get on with her life.

Did I mention I love Marge? No? Well I do now, she is such a breath of fresh air, you cannot help but fall in love with her personality. She is such a likable character, never judging Laila for being involved with three guys. I am so glad she was introduced in this book! I think Gavin won me over with his politeness and how easy going he is. He really likes Laila and makes her feel she does not need to impress anyone but herself. I really admire that about 

him!

The ending? What a shock, now that was something I was not expecting to happen! I cannot wait to read the next book although Trevor did not need to be a jerk towards the end!


Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.