The Stone Series #1

Wednesday 2 September 2015

25359560

Title: Stepping Stones
Author: Kacey Vanderkarr
Published: 25th August 2015
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Definitely
Synopsis:

Onnaleigh Moore is part of a plan—and it isn’t hers. When her brother dies in a car accident, Onna is desperate to preserve the tatters of her family. Any hope of finding normalcy vanishes when her mother runs off and her dad turns to booze to numb his pain. Onna’s grief is crippling, but the boy who showed up just when she needed him is helping her cope.

Everett’s presence is comforting, though he knows things—Onna’s name just before they met, where she lives, and sometimes he comments on thoughts she doesn’t say aloud. She pegs him for a stalker, or maybe psychic, but the truth is deadlier than she imagines. As their feelings for one another deepen, Everett confesses a horrifying secret: Onna’s brother is only the beginning of the plan, and some fates are worse than death.


I received this book in an exchange for an honest review, thanks to YA Book tours and the Author

First of all, can I say I simply Love, love, love the book cover. It is simply divine!

description

description

The first 1/4 of the book, I could not stop the tears coming for Caleb, I fell in love with him at the phone call. He. Had. Me. There! Why did you do that? Aw....gosh and poor Cora! What happened to both of them was so brutal, I could not stop the tears overflowing like a waterfall :'(


I feel like this book had three main characters even though the prominent ones are Onna(interesting name right? I thought so too)and Everett(he is sooo hot *swoons*).


I LOVED,LOVED,LOVED,LOVED Onna and maybe Everett a tiny bit more ;)

description

This pic is sooo HOT right? This is what I imagine Everett to be, I cannot tell you how much I loved his character. He had a raw honesty about him which I felt like made the character and the story more interesting, I liked how the story revolved around him and Onna without losing the main focus of the plot. He is sooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet, caring and takes care of Onna so well, every girl deserves someone who treats them like that :). But seriously guys, you need to read the book you will fall in love with his character! :D

Onna, she is a mixture of brave, loyal, supportive, caring and honest. I really feel for her with the loss she feels throughout this book, but I also feel like it was needed in order for her to understand certain things and for her to play her part in the big plan that fate has in store for her (it's not revealed yet, hoping it will revealed in the book! I cannot wait!)

And Hunter? Who wouldn't love a best friend like her! She is super supportive of Onna, cares for her when she needs to, supports and is super loyal to her! I loved how their friendship remained true and got them through everything!


 

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.