Movie Review: Wonder Woman

Sunday 11 March 2018


Movie Details:
Title: Wonder Woman
Release Date: 2nd June 2017
Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Connie Nielsen, Elena Anaya 
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis: 

Before she was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, Diana meets an American pilot (Chris Pine) who tells her about the massive conflict that's raging in the outside world. Convinced that she can stop the threat, Diana leaves her home for the first time. Fighting alongside men in a war to end all wars, she finally discovers her full powers and true destiny

AHHH!!! Possibly one of the best movies of 2017 I've seen. I saw this back in August and thankfully I quickly did too. How was I supposed to know once I become pregnant I would fall in to a phase where I would not to do anything for the whole 9 months, hence why this review is so late. I admire those women that manage to have their home life balanced, work life and maintain a blog. How do women have this extraordinary special power? Please pass some down to me. 

This movie really shook the whole box office not only with its phenomenal success but also because of a woman directing a superhero film. Yay!!!! Women never cease to amaze me, we are such a beautiful creation on this earth.

I loved this movie not only because of its Amazon background, I love how strong and fierce women are shown. Conflict ensues when Chris Pine (I know I remember him from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. BUT HE IS SO FREAKINGLY HANDSOME) escaping for his life ends up in the Amazonian hidden island. Intrigued by the creature they call 'man', Diana starts a mission to save Earth since she feels it is her duty to help and protect.

Although it is superhero action film, like with anything there is a hint of romance between the main protagonists (I am secretly hoping Chris Pine asks me to marry him even a summer fling would be okay!). Diana and Steve would not be first choice of romance pairing and I personally would not include any romance in a movie like this as I feel like this would take the attraction from the main plot line but since I am not a Director (probably a good reason why) I did enjoy the little humour and romance that was added to break down some of the intensity of it. 

Eek! My heart broke in the end, I wish that didn't happen nor do I understand the meaning behind it. But it did happen. I cried when Diana did and her rage became my rage. I was one with Diana at this point, I was happy when she started fighting with her heart instead of strength. This is my first time seeing a Gal Gadot movie and I was surprised with her skills. I was even more fascinated to know that she had served in the army, what a woman! She was by far my favourite character. 

Wonder Woman is a portrayal for every woman out there that she has a Diana inside of her, she can also fight the injustice in the world against women and she can do anything she sets her mind to do. 


Let's chat: Did you also fall in love with Wonder Woman? Does the film hold any significance for you?

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^ 
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.