Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here

Monday 4 December 2017


Title: Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here
Author: Anna Breslaw
Published: 19th April 2016
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend:  Yes/No
Synopsis:

Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online community of fanfiction writers, world-class nobody at Melville High. Her best (read: only) IRL friends are Avery, a painfully shy and annoyingly attractive bookworm, and Ruth, her weed-smoking, possibly insane seventy-three-year-old neighbor.

When Scarlett’s beloved TV show is canceled and her longtime crush, Gideon, is sucked out of her orbit and into the dark and distant world of Populars, Scarlett turns to the fanfic message boards for comfort. This time, though, her subjects aren’t the swoon-worthy stars of her fave series—they’re the real-life kids from her high school. And if they ever find out what Scarlett truly thinks about them, she’ll be thrust into a situation far more dramatic than anything she’s ever seen on TV…





Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, thank you to the publisher

*Please note: I have only read a few chapters in the book, kind of like a chapter sampler provided the publisher*

Scarlett is absolutely obsessed, and I do mean like worshipping fanatic type obsessed with her favourite tv show Lycanthrope, like every fan she too becomes devastated by the end of it (kind of reminds me of The Vampire Diaries which recently ended, which I am yet to watch). But for Scarlett it was more than a tv show, at the online community she has a close knit group of friends who she talks with on a daily basis, she finally feels like she belongs.

I found Avery kind of a bit annoying, although she tries to understand Scarlett's obsession I feel like she isn't a very good friend to her. She doesn't seem to understand the concept of why a tv show ending is so important to Scarlett that she feels like she has no life now that it has ended.

So I only got to know a bit about Ruth, the 73 year old neighbour but oh my world I absolutely love her! Her sense of humour and wisdom is something I admire in a friend, I feel like she is more understanding and compassionate towards Scarlett than Avery is.

Since I didn't get much in to the plot, I can't really give a fair decision but I will definitely pick this book again at some point!


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.