The Selection #5

Monday 20 November 2017



Title: The Crown
Author: Kiera Cass
Published: 3rd May 2016
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend:  Yes
Synopsis:

When Eadlyn became the first princess of IllĂ©a to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.




Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, thank you to the publisher

Oh wow. The series has finally ended. Can you believe that? I have been delaying this book for so many reasons and now I can't even comprehend what just happened. All I can I say is that was very unexpected, I did not at all even see that coming.

This book is a lot different to the fourth one, we see Eadlyn a bit different. She tries to become more like her mother but what she doesn't realise is she already is. Eadlyn is stubborn just like America, she is also very protective of her loved ones and would do anything for them. I really liked Eadlyn in this book (a lot more than the first one anyways). She tries to show more of her personality in this book, her compassion to her people who she deeply cares about. She really shows that she is destined to be a Queen.

Ahren my love, what did you do? I love Ahren so much, I am bit upset that he moved all the way to France because I did enjoy reading about him. *sighs* oh well. Oh. Oh... what a surprise that Ahren's wife ends up being Daphne's daughter? 

I really have the need to just dedicate a whole paragraph to who Eadlyn chose, I cannot decide if I agree with her or not. I can see why she chose him but I perhaps would of chosen someone else but then again you don't choose who you get to love. As long as they are both happy, I will be too.

I DID ENJOY ONE PART THOUGH, HOW MAXON'S AND AMERICA'S LOVE DID NOT FADE EVEN AFTER THEY HAD CHILDREN. AND THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY. THEY ARE TRULY THE EPITOME OF #TRUELOVE GOALS!!!

I was very surprised by the plot, I though it would take me ages to read this but I was constantly surprised at every twist and turn. Some of the antagonist that popped up (you know who you are) I never really expected, such a fab series Kiera.


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

2 comments

  1. That color scheme in the cover though. :D It's beautiful.

    What series is this from? I know I've seen some of the other books on other reviewers' sites before, but I can't place them. It sounds like a great series.

    ...
    *quickly googles* Ohh, dur. The Selection. That's right. Ooo, have you seen the cover for The Favorite (one of the novellas)? I love that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is and I absolutely agree with you.
      It is you should try it if you get a chance.

      Oh bless you! Yes I have, I love all of them to be honest. I can't choose a favourite!

      Delete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.