Witches of the Deep

Monday 24 July 2017



Title: Witches of the Deep
Author: C.N. Crawford
Published: 13th June 2016
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:


Fiona and her friends are on the run from the ruthless witch-hunters, seeking refuge in the werewolf city of Dogtown. But sadly for Fiona, no sanctuary awaits them there. 

Plagued by its inhabitants and her own twisted past, Fiona is searching for one thing: a way out. 

Her only hope is to complete a series of grueling tasks set forth by a gorgeous—but terrifying—sea-demon. If she can fight her way to survival, she’ll gain the chance to defeat the hunters. But if she fails, she faces an eternity of torment that makes her current predicament seem like a walk in the park.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, 

I am kind of sad this trilogy has come to an end, I guess I was subconsciously putting this off because I don't want this series to end. I loved Tobias and the gang! I was first gripped by this series simply by the cover, I thought it was so captivating. Even now just look at it (I think that is meant to be Fiona).

Things pick up exactly where they were left off in the second book, the gang leave Maremount and end up with the werewolves in Dogtown but things are not looking up for the gang, with the threat of Picaroons and Throcknell army looming above their heads they have nowhere else to go except compromise with Estelle. How will Tobias save himself from the hellhound and his friends?

This book was a lot more fast paced than the first two books, there is also a lot more new characters introduced which gives the story more depth and character. I am particularly fond of Lir now he was someone who constantly impressed me till the last page, I did think maybe he had feelings for Fiona along the way but I was wrong. I would have liked more scenes with him and maybe he could of had a few chapters too? I loved him just as much I loved Tobias, he is so rigid and on the borderline of impudent but that was not the case at all, there a lot of layers to him kind of like peeling an onion. I enjoyed learning more about him.

Fiona plays more of a strong character in this book, she really is motivated to save herself and her friends and she really comes through for them. Oswald playing the love interest for Celia is something I never expected but the more I read about him the more I fell in love with this audacity and curls! *sighs*

Great ending to the series!


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

2 comments

  1. I think as book lovers, we all share a kindred spirit of putting of a loved series just because we don't want it to end. Witches of the Deep seemed like a fitting ending to a fabulous series.

    Lonna @ FLYLÄ“F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is and yes I do agree with you. It is a shame when a series you love ends

      Delete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.