Waiting on Wednesday: Forest of A Thousand Lanterns

Wednesday 15 March 2017

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns
Author: Julie C. Dao
Series: Rise of the Empress
Release Date: 10th October 2017
Synopsis:


The Wrath and the Dawn meets Snow White and the Huntsman in this dark and mystical East Asian fantasy reimagining of The Evil Queen legend about one peasant girl's quest to become Empress--and the darkness she must unleash to achieve her destiny.

Eighteen-year-old Xifeng is beautiful. The stars say she is destined for greatness, that she is meant to be Empress of Feng Lu. But only if she embraces the darkness within her. Growing up as a peasant in a forgotten village on the edge of the map, Xifeng longs to fulfill the destiny promised to her by her cruel aunt, the witch Guma, who has read the cards and seen glimmers of Xifeng's majestic future. But is the price of the throne too high?

Because in order to achieve greatness, she must spurn the young man who loves her and exploit the callous magic that runs through her veins--sorcery fueled by eating the hearts of the recently killed. For the god who has sent her on this journey will not be satisfied until his power is absolute.

Set in an East Asian-inspired fantasy world filled with both breathtaking pain and beauty, Forest of a Thousand Lanternspossesses all the hallmarks of masterful fantasy: dazzling magic, heartbreaking romance, and a world that hangs in the balance. Fans of HeartlessStealing Snow, and Red Queen will devour this stunning debut.




OMG look at that cover??? If that doesn't want to sell your soul in order to get this book I don't know what. Also how am I supposed to wait until October!???? 


P.S. Brittany if you are reading this, this is totally your fault. I have been compelled use gifs thanks to your genius reactions (I hope you don't mind).
Did I tell you how much I love you? 💖

Let's talk: Do you have any books that you are waiting for but it is sooooo long away that it makes you want to cry? (I am not crying right now!) Let me know in the comments below!

P.S. You can read the first chapter here

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

5 comments

  1. OH YES this looks amazing! That cover is fantastic, and the premise sounds great! Hope you enjoy when you read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too! It releases in October so I cannot wait! :)

      Delete
  2. This is possibly my most anticipated debut of 2017, so naturally I am DYING to get my hands on it!! :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MINE TOO! I am dying to get my hands on it!!!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Another fairy tale retelling! I can't wait to check this book out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Welcome © . Theme by STS.