3 Mistakes I Made Being A Newbie Blogger

Thursday 8 December 2016



I have been in the blogging world just over a year now, although I did not anticipate the ups and downs (how silly of me), I have learned a few things along the way.


1. Never pressurise yourself

I am guilty of this constantly, I tend to put pressure on myself for no reason. Because I am thinker, my brain gets the better of me sometimes and pushes me a bit too far, when I see other bloggers or reviewers reading much more than I have, it makes me feel guilty like I have started this commitment so I should stick with it, I knew what I was getting into when I started this blog. But I FORGET that I can't compare other people's journey and struggles with my own, everyone has their own adventure and destiny. I am slowly telling myself repetitively to go at my own pace.


2. Overdoing It

This again falls in with my previous comment, I tend to overdo it when I put pressure on myself too much like trying to read as much as I can in one day. I have to stop and ask myself who am I in competition with and what am I trying to show. Sometimes you lose the purpose of why you started this in the first place which lead me to the biggest slump of my life, I ended up taking a long break over the summer (I am hoping that was last of the slump for the time being, I don't want it knocking on my door step any time soon)

3. Grateful

Being fortunate enough that I have the opportunity to read, so many people don't have that and as humans we tend to forget that sometime and take it for granted (kind of like education). But I am slowly training my mind to think of positive instead of jumping to negative conclusions sometimes. And thankful for all of the wonderful books, I would be LOST without them! 🙏


So these are my main three lessons I have learned so far, there were other lessons I learned too but they fall in to these categories.

What are some of the lessons you have learned since blogging/reviewing? Do you tend to put pressure on yourself for no reason at all? Let me know in the comments below, I am looking forward to reading your comments.

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.