Night Owls - Art rules!

Monday 5 September 2016


Title: Night Owls
Author: Jenn Bennett
Published: 13th August 2015
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:


Feeling alive is always worth the risk.

Meeting Jack on the Owl—San Francisco's night bus—turns Beatrix's world upside down. Jack is charming, wildly attractive...and possibly one of San Francisco's most notorious graffiti artists.

But Jack is hiding a piece of himself. On midnight rides and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who this enigmatic boy really is.



Talk about stealing the rug from right under you (or was it carpet? Floor?) you get the point, but anyways, oh my my!!! Awkward fangirl moment... a notorious graffiti artist? Yikes! And that too in gold! oh wow! (I think it was gold, or am I making this up? hmm...I can't remember)

This storyline is simply so cute! AND THAT TOO WITH SO MUCH ADORABLENESS!!! Two artists come together to make a beautiful love story. Okay it's not totally that boring, the book is so much more than that.

A graffiti artist is creating a mayhem all over town, spreading chaos. Until one night. He is caught in the act by Bex. Hold your horses, I don't mean to imply she actually sees him doing the crime but she does happen to meet him on the Night Owl bus and BOOM! Instant attraction! This is not your typical love story where Romeo and Juliet's eyes meet and the profess their love for one another. Nope. It is nothing like that and THANK GOD!! I actually bought this book after talking to a friendly bookseller in Waterstones, and oh my gosh, if this book turned about to be a typical cliche then god knows how I will hunt her down and ask for my money back. Kidding, I wouldn't really, well I can't since I've had this book for months and 30 day back guarantee is expired. Oh shoot, I am not supposed to be talking about shopping. Please just ignore me now. 

Okay so the plot, Bex and Jack are cute, they get to know each other just like any realistic couple in the first stages of getting to know one another. This book highlights some important issues like; schizophrenia, finding the true artist within yourself, the grass isn't always greener on the other side but what I loved most about this book would have to be the strong emphasis on family. I love books which are family orientated but realistically, it is easier to relate with the characters then. Bex's mom is awesome, a loving, hardworking, single parent who is raising her kids and just passing by, she is struggling with money just like another person.

This book describes the art so gloriously that I want to take an art course and find my inner artist. I am seriously contemplating it, I really wish I could have seen the final piece ( I mean Bex's art). I loved how easy going the book felt whilst reading it, I only have one complain really, the pace of the book was slow to my liking. I was getting bored very easily which is why it took so long for me to read this book.



Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.