Westbrook #1

Friday 4 December 2015

26155078 
Title: Distraction
Author: Laura Clark
Published: 22nd August 2015
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

Seventeen-near-old, Laila Patterson, would never describe her heart as fickle. She understands the difference between reality and fantasy, which is why Sam Woodson is not realistic boyfriend material. After all, he is in college, and college boys simply do not date high school girls. Plus, he is Laila’s older brother’s best friend. According to the unspoken bro-code, messing around with your friend’s little sister is pretty high on the list of forbidden taboos.

What happens when Laila discovers that her secret crush on Sam isn’t quite so one-sided? What if the only way to keep him is to keep their relationship hush-hush? Is Sam worth all of the lying and sneaking around?

As if things weren’t confusing enough with Sam, an old family friend suddenly shows up after being gone for more than three years. She isn't expecting Trevor Maddox to move back to Westbrook. She isn't expecting him to attend her high school, and she certainly isn't expecting him to be so damned gorgeous.

Laila doesn't want or need this unexpected distraction. . . or does she?  


I received this book in an exchange for a honest review

DANG! THE BOOKS IS SO HOT! NO NOT LIKE THAT, I MEANT THE SCENES AND PEOPLE ARE HOT COS THEY WERE....NEVERMIND!

description
OHMYGOSH!!!! What have you done to me Laura? This series is all I can think about when I am not meeting my deadlineS or revising my ass of for a test! I JUST CANNOT GET HOW HOT SAM AND TREVOR ARE!!!
 

There is truly no way to describe this book, anyway I do will not do the book any justice. I cannot believe this is your first series, the way you have eloquently written this book proves something else. Honestly this is one of the best books I have ever read and it seemed to get me out of the reading slump so thank you for that! Hooray!

Laila is pure innocence in this book, there is no way to describe her anyway else. Avery? Truly a best friend with a heart of gold, getting to know her throught out the whole book makes me want to make her my best friend. I hope I meet a Avery one day! :)

Kyle is shown to be very annoying in this book or atleast from Laila's perspective, they are not really close even though the age difference is not very big at all but Kyle acts like it is which is why he broke Sam and Laila up. I can't decide if I hate or love Kyle, I guess it is one of those things that you hope will knock some sense in to him.

As much as I want to favour Trevor and how much it is emphasised how hot it is, I can't help but favour Sam. He is like my Sammy boy (lovestruck). I have to admit what he did to Laila was him being a BIG FAT JERK!!! It doesn't make it right even if he did think he was doing the right thing, it seemed like he was choosing Kyle over Laila which I get it I do but seriously?


If you want a book full of romance, laughs, action, drama then this book is for you! 

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.